Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What to Paint Today???

Today, I promise, I am going to actually make a new painting!! Art sales have been so depressed in this economy, that it is hard for me to feel the motivation to paint. Not that it is about the money, but ah.... well... it is a great motivator. Plus, those canvas and paint supplies sure aren't cheap. Anyways, today I'm thinking of painting a Trees Landscape, like I used to do. Yesterday I noticed one of my abstract poppies paintings wasn't selling well, so I decided to paint over the yellow ochre color with a nice pale blue sky area. Perhaps now it will do better. The coolest thing is to paint over a completely dry painting, because you get to see the outline of the old color and it looks kind of modern cool (see above).

No comments:

Post a Comment